Biennale Interieur is since ’68 internationally recognised as an important meeting place to experience trends, tastes and avant-garde that define design today.
This year’s event the organization released a challenge to designers: the creation of a cutting-edge bar concept for the event.
After the proposals, the jury, composed by prominent international professionals has selected the best projects for the Spaces category:
- Gone Fishing, a concept by Charlotte Ryberg, Fritz Håkon Halvorsen and Marcia Harvey Isaksson from Sweden.
- Dried Chat Room, a concept by Alberto Artesani (DWA), Frederik De Wachter (DWA), Francesca Perani (Spectacularch) and Sandra Marchesi (Spectacularch) from Italy.
- Fusions Bar, a concept by Lukas Wegwerth in partnership with Wendelin Kammermeier from Germany.
- Behind the Curtain, a concept by Jasper Stevens and Karel Verstraeten from Belgium.
- -21.Threeº Gelato Meccanico, a concept by Davide Fabio Colaci, Lula Ferrari, TourDeFork with Laura Doardo, Ludovica Niero and Marco Savini from Italy.
The winners will have as a prize the realisation of their bar concept and noteworthy exposure during the all days of the event.
There also horourable mentions to the following projects:
- Cardboard Chapel, a concept by Luuk Stoltenborg, Bas de Boer, Laura Ubachs and Saynzo Osinga from The Netherlands
- Harvest, a concept by Ryosuke Iinuma from Japan
- Life after life bar, a concept by cuypers & Q architecten from Belgium
- Terroir, a concept by Kathi Stertzig from Germany
- Bar Assembly, a concept by Leonidas Trampoukis (LoT) from Greece
- Cloud, a concept by Arthur Analts (Variant Studio) from Latvia
Biennale Interieur will take place this month from the 17th to 26th in Kortrijk, Belgium.
Best Design Projects will continue to informing you about the greatest projects around the world. We like, as much as you, to read all design for your own home, the latest decor trends, the best interior design projects and so on.